Monday, May 7

Brief but Thankful

I usually write my blog posts in my lunch break at work or, failing that, at the weekend. This week I’ve spent my lunch breaks finishing off my new website (any feedback appreciated!) and this weekend we’re going away to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! So needless to say I’ll not be spending a decent chunk of our holiday writing a long blog post!

So this is a short one to say: in your quest to be successful at designing games (or whatever else it is that you want to achieve) make sure you have a support network. One or more people who love you and want you to be happy and succeed. They could be a partner, spouse, parent, child, sibling or best mate. Find them and treasure them - their support is priceless.

And thank you to The Wife for being mine for the last 21 years!

2 comments:

GamesBook said...

"A man's greatest treasure is his wife" (Proverbs 18:22).

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Jackson Pope said...

Hiya Derek,

Thanks! In a couple of months we will have spent half my life together, it's pretty amazing.

Cheers,

Jack