Monday, December 7

Solo

I love games. Playing them. Designing them. Playtesting them. Doing their graphic design.


But I hate playing them on my own. I very rarely play game apps against the AI. I don’t solo games in my collection. And I hate playtesting games pretending to be multiple players.


For me the fun comes from testing yourself against other humans within the framework of the rules, and the social aspect of a shared experience.


So COVID-19 enforced social distancing has been really tough on my game design productivity.

All by myself

The publisher of my signed game wants a solo mode added to it. Seeing as I can’t test the multiplayer improvements, it seems only fair that I work on the solo mode.


This is a first for me. Something I have no experience of as a player either.


Surprisingly, I’ve been quite enjoying it. Trying to make it feel like the multiplayer game. Get the same experience, despite the lack of human/human interactions.


It’s getting there... 

No comments: