Monday, May 22

Red

It’s a good news/bad news week.


When we do a crowdfunding campaign I feel the weight of the pledges.


People have lent us money. Lots of money. In some cases, huge amounts of money.


We owe them. We’ve promised them something in return. I don’t like to break my word.


Until the pledges are all fulfilled I feel those loans. Weighing on me.


More so when we’re late. We’ve broken our word. Let people down.


This week I shipped the last of the non-EU deluxe rewards. Almost four months late.


Paul shipped the EU rewards to ShipQuest. Some almost four months late. Some over two months early.


On their way!


Then he parcelled up the non-EU standard rewards and either posted them or booked shipping for them for today.


Two months early.


The loan is repaid. 


A weight is lifted.


That’s the good news.


The bad news is that I miscalculated. Shipping is more than we’d planned.


We’ve had to lend Eurydice some money again to tide us over until the Expo in a couple of weeks.


I’d love to get to the point where we’re not utterly dependant on crowdfunding cash injections.


Regular website sales covering our monthly overheads would be great.


Need to work on that.


After the Expo, and Rocky ‘Roid though.

No comments: