Monday, January 29

I'm Back!

I'm back in the UK after five days in San Francisco for work. As yet the jet lag (eight hours time difference and a red-eye home) hasn't kicked in, and I'm feeling surprisingly perky, but I'm sure that will change soon enough.

The trip was very good, I managed to fit in some sight-seeing (including a cycle ride over the Golden Gate Bridge), and I posted the five copies of Border Reivers that I had lugged to the US as part of the free postage deal. I'd said I would send them Parcel Post on Friday, but the in event, I posted them on Thursday and the four who lived nearest to San Francisco got theirs posted Priority Mail as the price differential between that and Parcel Post was negligable for them. At least two of them have already received their copies so that's good.

In other news, one of the guys I was visiting had Googled me to try and find out something about me before I arrived. Over dinner one evening he admitted this and said 'You are the Games Designer, aren't you?'. My head swelled :-) It turns out he was a big fan of Settlers of Catan. Him and his friends were looking for something new to play so I recommended a couple of games.

Now I'm back I need to concentrate on getting some more copies of Border Reivers together as the offer lead to a rush which ran me out of stock. I started another batch before I left, I just need to finish them now...

4 comments:

Dave said...

Welcome back!

Glad to hear that the deliveries went well. I've just arranged some game trades with a guy in the states, I don't suppose you're heading back there next week? Anywhere near Oregon would be good...

Jackson Pope said...

Sadly, there are no more trips to the US on the horizon, though I am off to Paris next month :-)

Dave said...

Magnifique!

Jackson Pope said...

It certainly is :-)