Wednesday, May 30

I'm Cursed

It's Alive! is proving remarkably awkward to release. First there was the Germans emailing me to say they didn't have the pieces I wanted, two weeks before the planned release at the UK Games Expo. Then my printers emailed me to tell me the lamination wasn't working as there was too much ink on the page. Then I cocked up a bunch of box trays over the weekend.

The correct wooden pieces arrived on Friday, directly from the factory, so the only thing I'm waiting on from the Germans now is the baggies in which to place them. But I had been expecting the first print job last Friday. It didn't arrive yesterday, so fairly late in the afternoon I rang the printers to get an idea when it was due to arrive. They were going to ring me back. They didn't but I did get an email from the Managing Director fairly late. Apparently they had been experiencing problems with both their presses which had caused a backlog of work. They are going to send me part of all three of my print runs via overnight courier tonight, so I should get enough to make a few games on Thursday and Friday. There goes my idea of taking forty copies to the Expo. There's a chance I might have twenty copies now, but that's looking very tight. The Wife has offered to take Friday off work to give me a hand with the construction which will definitely help.

That leaves me with all day off work today, and no It's Alive! construction to do - I've made forty boxes (but I can't cover them until the artwork arrives), and I've filled all the baggies I've got with wooden pieces. Instead I'm going to cut out the tiles for the Border Reivers copies I'm going to take and make some merchandising material for the Expo. I'm thinking an A3 stand for the company, plus an A4 stand for each of the two games.

9 comments:

Yehuda Berlinger said...

Go, Jack. Helpful thoughts your way.

Yehuda

Jackson Pope said...

Thanks Yehuda. I should have some ready in time, I think twnety is the most I'll get done though, so we'll have to wait and see...

Cheers,

Jack

Custancia said...

Oh. I don't know what to type! I'll join Yehuda in sending helpful thoughts... (mine should be with you by now, they have far less distance to travel!)

Jackson Pope said...

Thanks Lisa,

Fingers crossed everything should arrive tomorrow and then I have 48 hours to make as many copies as possible. Sleep is optional...

Cheers,

Jack

Anonymous said...

Jack

Keep thinking positive. I'm looking forward to the weekend. My lad, Chris and I will be coming down on the Saturday and I do want a copy of It's Alive - can you put me one aside?

All the best.

Garry

Jackson Pope said...

Hiya Garry,

Sure, will do. I think it's number 46.

Cheers,

Jack

Jackson Pope said...

Hiya Garry,

Unless your surname is Slack, in which case I've already put aside number 44 for you!

Cheers,

Jack

Anonymous said...

Thanks, as I'm not Slack, 46 it is then.

Garry

Dave said...

Yikes!

When Star Wars was a massive hit in 1977, the toy companies couldn't cope with demand for action figures. Instead, for that Christmas, they sold (at full price) special numbered certificates which could be exchanged for toys when supplies were available. It gave kids something to open on Christmas morning and kept sales up.

Could it work for IA! ?