Saturday, January 5

At Last!

This morning the boxes finally arrived from the boxmaker via TNT. I waited in all morning (as I had done on two previous days) but this time they turned up. Ninety-two boxes in pristine condition despite all the backing-and-forthing. Some of these were already spoken for, I'd received three orders from the States over the Christmas break, and just after the boxes arrived I received another from the UK - great timing! First thing I did was count them, I thought I'd only sent eighty-three copies of the artwork to the boxmakers, so getting ninety-two back was an unexpected bonus. Next thing I did was write a cheque - I was invoiced for the boxes before Christmas when they were first due to arrive, and the terms were that I had to pay within thirty days. I figure I've waited long enough, any longer and I might forget. After that I popped to the Post Office and posted the four copies off, just in time to catch today's post.

Although I've got no stock at the moment, the arrival of the boxes mean that I can make more tomorrow, so hopefully by the end of tomorrow I should have a good few copies.

In other news, the exciting news I alluded to in my last post is not that The Wife is pregnant (nice guess though, Dunk!). It's something else...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it that *you* are pregnant, as a result of some kind of Schwarzenegger-in-Junior style hi-jinks?

p.s. Essen is definitely worth the trip even "just" as a fan of the hobby. I'm sure you can share a stall with some other Brits to offset the costs (I know JKLM had a few different people on their stand last year).
You should also consider finding someone that can speak german to help explain rules. Stupid as it sounds, I was surprised by the amount of non-english speakers at the con.

Jackson Pope said...

Given my post-Christmas physique changes you'd be forgiven for thinking I was pregnant, but no, that's not it either.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to attending Essen, and I've a few German friends I can approach about helping out.

Cheers,

Jack

Social Work Dad said...

Would it have something to do with your work-life-games balance?

Jackson Pope said...

Possibly.

Cheers,

Jack

Mal said...

About bloody time on the boxes. I really thought they must've been confusing your batch with someone else's and that you'd end up with someone else's package.

I take it you've given the box-makers a full report anyway?

Jackson Pope said...

Yeah, I've let them know. Apparently TNT are a business courier and expect there to be someone in on the first delivery (because they're expecting a business address). Still, once you get out of their comfort zone they are bloody hopeless.

Cheers,

Jack