Sunday, May 25

All Weddinged Out

We went away Friday night for my mate Dunk's wedding, at which I was Best Man and The Wife was a bridesmaid. I got home this afternoon after dropping The Wife at the station en route to Poland for a four day conference.

The B & B / hotel in which we were staying was very noisy (we were woken at 3:30 and 6 the first night, and 4ish on the second) so I'm pretty sleep-deprived at the moment. I've spent most of the afternoon dozing in front of the telly.

Still, we had a great time, and I managed to get a few things done before I left on Friday and during the wedding!

Friday, I finally got in touch with the UK Manufacturer, who has been exceptionally busy in the run up to the Expo next weekend. He's promised to get a quote to me first thing Tuesday (Monday is a public holiday in the UK). At Beer and Pretzels I was warned the German manufacturer's have a habit of dropping smaller orders when a larger rush job comes in from a German publisher. Their quote is going to take longer than I'd like under ideal circumstances, so I've decided to give the English guys another chance. We'll have to see how competitive their quote is when it gets here.

I also managed to complete another lesson from my German course in on Friday, hopefully I'll be competent in time for Essen, though obviously not competent enough to sell/demo in German. I'll do another lesson this evening.

I got to see the artist at the wedding (he's a friend of Dunk's too). He's also been exceptionally busy with a couple of projects and an exhibition that starts on Friday, so hopefully he'll be back on the case too.

Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday in the UK, which I wasn't really aware of (no longer getting the day off automatically). But since the quote won't arrive until Tuesday and I'm unlikely to receive much in the way of artwork tomorrow, I'm going to take the day mostly off, and hang out with a couple of friends from Newcastle, who are visiting York for the day.

No comments: