Monday, July 17

Final Zombology Art Review

My parents have been up this week, so I've had a chance to pick the brains (how appropriate!) of my dad, a retired art teacher. I've been trying to finalise the artwork for Zombology ahead of getting a proof copy done by the printers to check the colours look OK and that the lamination works on top of the new art (if there's too much ink the lamination doesn't adhere). Over the last couple of weeks I've been crowdsourcing advice on the art/graphic design, from dad, The Wife, BGG, Google+ and twitter.

First up is the box designs. I've run three polls on BGG (1, 2 and 3). In the comments of the first and second I got some other ideas and JPotter came up with something that looked like this:



Which I really liked, so I tried to mimic it (see above). I've also adopted a similar style for the back of the box:


In addition to that, I've also updated the card art (after my last attempt here which got feedback here and on Google+). I tried to incorporate all the feedback I got, reducing the number of colours, swapping the icons on the Guru, making the text bolder on the sides of the cards, getting rid of the gradient fills and generally tidying things up a bit:


What do you think? Let me know any comments you have in the next couple of days - that way I can act on them before it goes to the printer.

2 comments:

GamesBook said...

When do you expect the final print run to happen??

Jackson Pope said...

Hiya Derek,

My current plan is to order a proof from the printers at the end of this week, set up the company (bank accounts, etc.) at the beginning of August and then order the printing mid-August for late August delivery. September will be spent making the pre-ordered copies along with some review copies that will hopefully drive later sales.

Cheers,

Jack