Friday, October 3

Press-Ganged!

My mate Mal is coming down for a long weekend this morning. This afternoon I've got to send off the art for the box and the rules. Mal has a good head for design. Hmmm. I'm seeing a cunning plan here. Mal arrives and is put to work critiquing the box design. I'm sure he'll be able to come up with some ideas to improve it further. Excellent. What's even better is that though I know Mal reads this, he's on the train at the moment - so he won't get an early warning and pull out :-)

In other news, I'm still really struggling to get a purchase order out of the other UK distributor. I've tried to email him (last response, the only one so far, was that he'd do me a purchase order last Wednesday - still no sign of that). I've tried to phone him (the receptionist always says he's busy, he doesn't return my calls). I know a bunch of shops want to buy from them, but they still don't have any stock, nearly a month after the game was available. It's very frustrating.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Ahhh, but your forgetting about the free internet on the train nowadays. Maybe you HAVE just given him early warning :-)

Jackson Pope said...

It's alright, he didn't find out until he got here. By then it was too late...

He's great though, we spent most of the day working on the box and it rocks.

Cheers,

Jack

Steve said...

Shame, really, when all I'm planning on doing with MY box is opening it as quickly as possible :-)

Still - I suppose you've got to make them look nice on a shelf now... just please don't go down the 2-cubic-feet-of-emptiness-to-make-it-look-impressive route (not that I think you would :-) Aside from the environmental concern, I ain't got space in my cupboard!

Jackson Pope said...

Don't worry, I've not, the box is only a bit bigger than It's Alive! despite more bits!

Cheers,

Jack