Thursday, October 12

Border Reivers At Two Months Old

It's two months to the day since Border Reivers was first released. So I thought I'd give you an update on how it's doing.

The Good

  • I've now sold very nearly one third of the copies available.
  • I've almost finished making forty percent of the whole print run.
  • I've sold copies to six different countries on three different continents.
  • The vast majority of the copies have been sold to strangers via word of mouth.
  • I've made new friends via Border Reivers.
  • The last few weeks' sales are among the best yet.

The Bad

  • The cutting out of the tiles is a really nasty job - doing it by hand hurts.
  • With the light and the weather failing fast I'm running out of opportunities to glue tiles outside.
  • It's not made me a multi-billionaire yet.

Okay, so that last one wasn't entirely serious. Overall, I'm very pleased with the way it's going. I'm well ahead of my target to sell out in a year - so far, so good.

No comments: