It's Alive! is proving remarkably awkward to release. First there was the Germans emailing me to say they didn't have the pieces I wanted, two weeks before the planned release at the UK Games Expo. Then my printers emailed me to tell me the lamination wasn't working as there was too much ink on the page. Then I cocked up a bunch of box trays over the weekend.
The correct wooden pieces arrived on Friday, directly from the factory, so the only thing I'm waiting on from the Germans now is the baggies in which to place them. But I had been expecting the first print job last Friday. It didn't arrive yesterday, so fairly late in the afternoon I rang the printers to get an idea when it was due to arrive. They were going to ring me back. They didn't but I did get an email from the Managing Director fairly late. Apparently they had been experiencing problems with both their presses which had caused a backlog of work. They are going to send me part of all three of my print runs via overnight courier tonight, so I should get enough to make a few games on Thursday and Friday. There goes my idea of taking forty copies to the Expo. There's a chance I might have twenty copies now, but that's looking very tight. The Wife has offered to take Friday off work to give me a hand with the construction which will definitely help.
That leaves me with all day off work today, and no It's Alive! construction to do - I've made forty boxes (but I can't cover them until the artwork arrives), and I've filled all the baggies I've got with wooden pieces. Instead I'm going to cut out the tiles for the Border Reivers copies I'm going to take and make some merchandising material for the Expo. I'm thinking an A3 stand for the company, plus an A4 stand for each of the two games.