Monday, September 18

Wikipedia

I use Wikipedia a lot to look things up. I considered adding a page for Border Reivers to Wikipedia, since other games already have their own pages - it would also provide a link between the historical Border Reivers and my game of the same theme.

A few weeks ago I finally got round to submitting a page. I tried to do it in the same factual style as other game entries, without any hype or marketing - just letting people interested in the history know that the game exists. You can see the page here. You can also see the link from the historical article page. Did I manage the right style? You'll have to let know.

It's paying off though, I've already sold a copy to someone who found out about the game from Wikipedia. Yeay! I can recommend it if you don't have a huge marketing budget.

No comments: